"Instead of "we almost” let the world say about us,” we did." – Don Ward……………… Doing the 'Hard' yards in search of 'The Perfect Pint' within the Emerald Isle and shores beyond – Definitely a Bog to bookmark if you have an adventurous spirit, that likes to travel whilst enjoying - the odd pint of Guinness,beer,or wine depending on the mood,the 'company',and the environment!

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Catch-up on arrival Home

Home again and, after a hectic eventful few days it was great to finally arrive at Manchester Airport albeit at a less than respectable hour – 11.30pm. My in-tray is almost caught up on and soon I’ll have time to recount some of my ‘adventures’ before, on-board,and after my trip on the Freedom of the Seas and it's Irish Connection.

Having a preference for small ‘ships’ the trip was embarked upon with a somewhat reluctant attitude to previewing the ‘Freedom of the Seas’ – the world’s largest cruise ship. I’m a Star Clippers, Cruise West, Sea Dream Yacht or Seawind 1160 Cat kinda guy.

Attitude improved after serious talk with self. Our host was a generous one – a 2-day party afloat with no need to reach for one’s checkbook or credit card! Decided to do something different – Set myself a mission – Why not get the real feel of the floating city that I was on by reading it’s ‘townscape’ seeing how many people behind the scenes I could meet and – what the heck – see if I could even manage to corner the captain – and find a ‘perfect pint’…. Ha, attitude improved significantly – I was going on board with a sense of purpose…

Coming up soon – the outcomes of my ‘Mission……

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ideas Box

Intro:

We’re starting on a journey to diary the establishment of a website with a focus on a ‘touch of Ireland’.

I hope that our website will eventually turn out to be something very special.

It would be great to have readers that land on my Blog offer comments and suggestions…hence the establishment of our “Ideas Box”. Zak is our CyberSleuth finding ideas for our Website!

Zak ‘my other alias’ was a very special dog of one of my sons – he was always on the sniff for new things so I do hope you will take time out to contribute to our intended Destination and help Zak do his resaerch about Ireland, what is Ireland known for, discuss the great outdoors Ireland, famous facts of Ireland, fun facts about Ireland, places to visit in Ireland, perhaps establish 10 facts about Ireland that we think are real special and find out about some real ‘insider’ Ireland facts.– thanks, john.

Zak’s question for this Post..

In waters around Ireland what small ships would you recommend for cruisers ?

5:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home